Global Manufacturing Network
Our manufacturing base provides a long-term and sustainable industrial network to supply clinical trial material and commercial products. We operate three manufacturing sites augmented by contract manufacturing partners.
- Manufacturing of vaccines is considered one of the most complex pharmaceutical manufacturing operations. It can take between six to 36 months to produce, package and deliver high quality vaccines to those who need them. The process includes testing each batch of vaccine at every step of its journey, and repeat quality control of batches by different authorities around the world.
- Valneva’s manufacturing base provides a long-term and sustainable industrial network to supply clinical trial material and commercial products based on objectives for delivery schedule, costs, flexibility and quality. Valneva operates three manufacturing sites, in Livingston, Scotland, Solna, Sweden and Vienna, Austria, which are qualified by various regulatory authorities.
- Valneva’s two commercial products are manufactured in-house with dedicated manufacturing sites in Scotland (IXIARO®) and Sweden (DUKORAL®). Valneva’s manufacturing center in Scotland is currently being expanded to include two additional product lines in connection with the Company’s COVID-19 vaccine partnership with the UK government.
- The Company also operates dedicated manufacturing units for clinical trial materials (“CTM units”) at our manufacturing sites.
- Valneva’s manufacturing network has been operating and producing licensed vaccines for more than 10 years and Valneva believes that it has the expertise and capability to produce most types of viral or bacterial vaccines.